Today we drove two hours east of where we are staying to watch the Canadian Explorers play in the Olympic Arena in Innsbruck. The arena is beautiful although it is not the original ice (the original ice area is now a concert stadium); it was still an amazing place for them to play. The boys won 8 - 1 and had a fun shoot-out at the end of the game as well! Cameron (the other goalie) is starting to feel better and better and played the whole game and played very well (evidently from the score). After the game, they took a group picture as has been usual; it is very nice to see how kind all of the competing teams are to each other; they almost always take a photo all together after the game. Here is a photo that Logan's mom Jenny took after the game.
After the hockey game, Mom and I said goodbye to the boys as we won't see them again until Friday in the Czech Republic. I had been wanting to go to a shopping centre in Europe so we headed to one of the malls; it was nice to get to do that in a larger city. It was definitely different than at home and I enjoyed looking around.
We drove back to our hotel and arrived in daylight for the first time (yay!). Tomorrow we will go to Switzerland and drive across an entire country - Liechtenstein (it only takes half an hour to drive across it).
Unfortunately, I left my memory card plugged into the laptop last night and forgot it this morning so I don't have any pictures of my own to post (but I'm sure you can find pictures of the Olympic Arena online).

No comments:
Post a Comment